When I was thinking about how I could jazz up my girls’ trick-or-treat buckets, (I’m always looking for a good reason to use ribbon), when I stumbled across some empty ice cream buckets. It was meant to be! They are sturdy, have great handles, and are the perfect size for all those Halloween treats!
ITEMS YOU NEED:
- empty ice cream bucket, with a handle
- felt (I used 2 of the felt squares you can buy at Michael’s, etc. for each bucket)
- hot glue gun
- ribbon, about 5-6 yards per bucket
- foam stamps
- craft paint
1. Using the hot glue gun, apply the felt to the bucket. Trim where necessary.
2. Add ribbon to the top and bottom of the bucket, covering up the felt edges, and the top rim.
3. Tie ribbons along the handle.
4. Stamp desired name on the front using foam stamps. (Mine are the Philadephia font)
There you have it–the most adorable trick or treat buckets ever!
Other fabulous ideas?
- Valentine’s Day bucket
- Easter basket
- organizing toys, art supplies, etc.
UPDATE: My girls have now used these for 4 Halloween nights, and getting ready for the 5th! They hold up very well!!!
*See this project featured on www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com–click HERE!