Well, after that many years and that much use, it was in need of a makeover. So, I’m here to show you how to make one of your own, as I give mine a little face lift.
This is a super easy project, will take you less than 20 minutes to complete, and you can make it any size you want! Because you will have to buy the materials in much bigger amounts than you’ll need, it really works best (and is much cheaper!) to make this with someone, or a group of people, and share the cost. So, gather your best girlfriends, church group, or family and have a flannel board party!
Flannel Board & White Board
ITEMS YOU NEED:
- shower board; you can buy it in sheets from either Home Depot or Lowe’s (they should be able to cut it to size for you)
- spray adhesive
- white duct tape
1. Lay out your white board, then cut out a piece of flannel that is just a few inches bigger, all the way around. This will make it much easier to keep centered, while working with the adhesive spray. Iron your fabric, removing all the fold lines.
2. Turn your board over to the back side, and apply the adhesive spray, following the can directions. Gently lay your flannel over the board, then starting in the middle, smooth it down flat, removing all the wrinkles. If you end up with a line or two, gently lift up the edge of the flannel, smooth it out, and press down again. You should be able to do that a couple of times, if you work quickly.
3. Once it’s completely smooth, turn it over so you’re looking at the white board. Now you can trim all the overlapping edges of your flannel off of the board. Get as close as you can, but it doesn’t have to be totally perfect, since the tape will cover some of it.
4. Now you’re ready for the tape! Starting on the first side of the flannel board, apply the tape halfway down, so you can fold it over to the other side. Press down firmly, then flip the board over to the white board side, and starting in the middle, press the tape down on to that side. Go slowly and carefully, because once that duct tape is stuck, it will be almost impossible to fix, unless you want to remove it and start over. You will have a little tape hanging over the edges, and you can just trim that off. Rotate the board to the side right next to it (don’t do the side across from it next, just go around in a circle), and repeat until finished with each side.