The beauty of this project is that there are so many options! Words, monograms, colors–it’s easy to make it your own. I thought about spraying chalkboard paint on them instead of the paper–and writing CTR on each block, and I just might try that, too.
This is a super easy and super fast project, and the end result is darling!
Items you need:
- 4×4 posts, cut into squares
- craft paint
- scrapbook paper
- mod podge and foam brush
- vinyl letters (or printed & cut letters, mod podged on)
1. Paint your blocks, and let them dry completely.
2. Cut your scrapbook paper into 3 inch squares–1 per block.
3. Using Mod Podge, apply the paper onto the blocks. Go lightly–you don’t need a lot, and if you use too much, it will bubble up. Let dry completely.
4. Sand all the edges of your block, and the rougher top and bottom. Gently apply the stain using a lint-free rag (Minwax Dark Walnut). A little will go a long away, so start with just a tiny bit and rub it on.
5. Add your vinyl, and you’re done! If you don’t have vinyl, you can always print letters, cut them out, then mod podge them on. I just happened to have some leftover vinyl that I could use, or I would have done that instead. Tie a ribbon on one of the blocks, and it’s gift-ready!