{3×5 card address book}

It's Christmas card time, which means pulling out the address book. If you're like me, almost everyone you know has moved at least once, which means crossing out an old address and trying to find space for the new one. Or, if don't have enough space in one letter's section, putting the names under a different letter (which honestly, drives me and my OCD tendencies crazy). Pretty soon, my address book is filled with more wrong addresses than right ones, and it's time to transfer all of them over into a new book...again. I keep most information on my computer, and I do have addresses there, but I've had enough crashes and lost enough data that I like to have a hard copy.

This year I decided to do something a little different--making it a snap to change an address or name, and still keeping the book looking like new! This will literally take you less than 15 minutes to put together (except the transferring of addresses...that could take a little longer. :) ), and you will love how darling it is! It's also really inexpensive, and the upkeep is super easy.

These would make really great gifts, and even a fun and easy Super Saturday project. Who doesn't need an adorable AND practical address book?

3x5 Card Address Book

ITEMS YOU NEED:

• blank 3x5 cards--1 per address/family (I like unlined, but you can use lined if you wish)
  • scrapbook paper
  • card stock
  • distress ink
  • printer
  • ribbon
  • double stick tape
  • 1 inch book ring
  • hole punch

DIRECTIONS:

1. Cut two pieces of card stock to 3x5 inches for the front and back covers.

1. Cut two pieces of scrapbook paper just slightly smaller than 3x5--I did mine 2.75x4.75. Distress all the edges, then using the double stick tape, adhere the scrapbook paper to the card stock.

2. Print your desired text on to card stock, and distress edges. Mat onto coordinating card stock, and distress the edges.

3. I added a strip of coordinating scrapbook paper (the red & cream polka dot) for added embellishment, which I love, but you can really do anything you like. Add the matted text over the strip of card stock paper.

4. Punch holes in the top left corner of all the 3x5 cards, plus the front and back covers. Slide onto the book ring, then tie on your ribbon.

Now you're set to start filling in all those addresses! The best part is that this will be the last time you have to transfer them in their entirety--now you can easily change out a card when an address or other information changes.

Happy address-ing!

Photobucket

comments

1. Anonymous says:

This is so adorable! Love it.

2. Anonymous says:

Love this idea! Perfect project for this weekend since we have 5-11" of snow headed our way.

3. Anonymous says:

This is a fabulous idea. I love the fact that you could take out and add easily. I'm bookmarking this one!

4. Anonymous says:

I really like this idea. Earlier this year, I began writing out addresses, etc. on cards like this but to file it in a little recipe card box. (for the same reason as you, I got tired of messy address books because people kept moving!) but I like your idea a little better because it's more portable! And not to mention, supercute! Thanks! I'm bookmarking this idea!

5. Anonymous says:

What a great idea! YOu made it super cute too!

6. Anonymous says:

love this darling little book! tfs!

7. Anonymous says:

*LOVE*!!

8. That is a fabulous idea, we are military so changing address happens all the time for us and our friends! I thought it was sooo cute too! Thanks!

9. Anonymous says:

Just blogging around this afternoon and found your blog. I used to have a antique sewing machine just like the one you have in the picture. I love reading the different blogs they are all so different and unique. Thanks for letting me visit.

10. Anonymous says:

Awesome idea…I am so loving it. Gonna make one for myself and my husband as well so he can have all of his work contacts handy.

Thanks…

11. Anonymous says:

Very cute! All your stuff is always so cute! I love that! I am OCD and I can't stand address books with lines drawn through them. I have corrected this issue by using adhesive labels in my address book. I can use a font of my liking and print them out very easy and if someone moves, I type up a new address label and wah-lah…nice and neat and updated! :) – Karen

12. I love these!!! I featured them on my friday favories!

13. This is adorable. You could so do it with recipes as well which gives me an idea. HA. I am a new follower and I just love your ideas.

14. Good job dear I like your way to present your opinion.I like your blog its very attractive.India is such a wonderful place to travel the adventure tours, Historical monuments, safari tours, Himalayas tracking tours and many more thousands of visitors came across the world to travel India. Tour Packages to North India

15. Anonymous says:

This is so adorable! Love it. you made my day thanks.

plastic card printing

16. Anonymous says:

I love this idea! I'm going to do this project and link to this post on my blog (http://staceyadamache.wordpress.com)