This year I decided to do something a little different–making it a snap to change an address or name, and still keeping the book looking like new! This will literally take you less than 15 minutes to put together (except the transferring of addresses…that could take a little longer. :) ), and you will love how darling it is! It’s also really inexpensive, and the upkeep is super easy.
These would make really great gifts, and even a fun and easy Super Saturday project. Who doesn’t need an adorable AND practical address book?
3×5 Card Address Book
- blank 3×5 cards–1 per address/family (I like unlined, but you can use lined if you wish)
- scrapbook paper
- card stock
- distress ink
- double stick tape
- 1 inch book ring
- hole punch
1. Cut two pieces of card stock to 3×5 inches for the front and back covers.
1. Cut two pieces of scrapbook paper just slightly smaller than 3×5–I did mine 2.75×4.75. Distress all the edges, then using the double stick tape, adhere the scrapbook paper to the card stock.
2. Print your desired text on to card stock, and distress edges. Mat onto coordinating card stock, and distress the edges.
3. I added a strip of coordinating scrapbook paper (the red & cream polka dot) for added embellishment, which I love, but you can really do anything you like. Add the matted text over the strip of card stock paper.
4. Punch holes in the top left corner of all the 3×5 cards, plus the front and back covers. Slide onto the book ring, then tie on your ribbon.
Now you’re set to start filling in all those addresses! The best part is that this will be the last time you have to transfer them in their entirety–now you can easily change out a card when an address or other information changes.