{thumbprint valentines}

I love homemade valentines, especially when they're easy to do and allow for kids to help---and personalizing for the person that will be receiving them. These darling thumbprint valentines are SUPER cute, and are sure to get rave reviews from any recipient!

thumbprint valentines | simplykierste.com

They will be perfect for friends, neighbors, teachers, and visiting teachers, especially attached to a fun treat--in a bag, box, or wrapped around a bar of chocolate or other candy.

You can always change the wording for school valentines...{thumb} body likes you, or {thumb} body wants to be your valentine--or anything you like!

I also made a few special ones for grandparents and family, using all my kids' thumbprints, and I LOVE them!

DIRECTIONS:

I used my Silhouette to cut out scalloped and regular circles in different sizes, then distressed all the edges. You certainly can do this without one--scallop and circle punches work great, and so does tracing a glass on card stock and cutting it out! You can even opt for a regular card style, or square pieces of paper just using your paper trimmer. Lots of options, depending on what you like! The kids' card is a 4 inch square piece of scrapbook paper, with a 3 inch square piece of card stock on top.

I printed out the {thumb} body image onto pink card stock--I sized them to 2 inches, and fit 8 on a page. My girls helped with the thumbprints, and I used two different colored inks--pink and brown. Once their prints were on, I drew a face, arms, and legs onto the print, and punched it out with my 2 inch circle punch.

Using double stick tape, I attached the layers to each other, then punched a hole at the top and tied ribbon through it!

P.S. If you would like the text image, click HERE to download! Or, just right click on the image below and save. Open a Word document (or similar program), insert picture, then re-size, and print!

.........

Photobucket

comments

1. Awww, those are adorable kierste! I wish I had little ones to make them with. Ya think my 17 yr old daughter would do it? Have a great weekend.

2. These are so cute.. so so cute!!!!

3. Anonymous says:

OR how about {thumb} buddy!

4. Anonymous says:

This is so cute, I LOVE this idea!!! Can't wait to have my little boys make these for their grandparents!

5. Anonymous says:

Those are so cute! I actually like the gray! =)

6. Anonymous says:

Such a cute idea (:

7. Anonymous says:

Adorable! I'm sure my parents' and grandparents' would love to get these in the mail from my boys!

8. Anonymous says:

The faded printer ink gives them the illusion of being stamped instead of printed. I love them!

9. Anonymous says:

Cute idea!!! Will be making some with my granddaughter.

10. Anonymous says:

super cute!!!

11. Anonymous says:

These are adorable!

12. Anonymous says:

These are so cute I think I will have my kindergarten class make these for the elderly. :) Thanks for sharing.

13. Anonymous says:

The hearts…?! Were those printed too? Or were those stamped? Where do you get a heart in your processing/fonts? Thanks. Want to make these as a craft at my daughters party.

14. Anonymous says:

Amanda–

Everything was printed! I actually did the text in Photoshop, so the heart came from there, but there is also a heart in Microsoft Word, under symbols. I also just attached a pdf file of the image for download, as well as the image file, so you can just use mine if it saves time!

15. So very cute.

16. Anonymous says:

OMG – this is super cute and fun! You are so creative!

17. Anonymous says:

Cute!

18. Anonymous says:

Those are ADORABLE!!!!!! They will be on our list for next year for sure. Thanks for sharing!

19. Anonymous says:

Just blogging around this afternoon and found your blog. I used to have a sewing machine just like the one in your picture. But when my ex-husband and I got divorced, I let him have it back since it was his before we got divorced. Thanks for letting me visit.

20. How adorable! I've already got my 6 little ones sitting at the kitchen table with their thumbs at the ready! ;) It's such a simple idea that I'm even going to do it with my preschool classes for their parents…I think they'll all love it!
    –K. Cosgrove

21. Great idea! If i don't use this for Valentine's day, I'll use it for Mother's Day cards or something!

22. This is absolutely adorable! Love those cute little thumbprints!

23. Cute, cute, cute! :)

24. Anonymous says:

This is such a darling idea…I will just have to try it! I love your blog!

25. Anonymous says:

That is so great! I love these! I made some Valentine's that are great for teachers! Check them out here….

-Rachelle

26. Anonymous says:

Perfect idea for visiting teaching! Thanks for mentioning that because it didn't even cross my mind!!

27. Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for the great project! I just completed a few, and put a pic on my new blog!! I put a link to this fabulous tutorial!! Thanks!

Here is a link to the pic of my try at it:

28. Anonymous says:

This is great! As a new blogger, I LOVE your blog…and am learning so much from you! Thank you! :)

29. Thank you!! I just printed them and am eagerly awaiting the kiddos to wake up from naptime so I can finish these! I don't normally anticipate them waking from naps, but today I am!!

30. I was looking for something to do with my kids today, typed THUMB PRINT VALENTINES into my search engine, and up you popped! These are great! I've been here before, and I'll definitely be back again!

31. Everyone who received our "Thumb" Valentine's LOVED them. Thanks so much for the idea!! I look forward to reading your blog everyday!

32. Anonymous says:

These are adorable! What a great idea.

33. I posted about your cute idea! Thanks for sharing! I love following your blog.

Britli