Spring is here, and I thought some cute little Oreo Chicks would be SO fun!
Aren't they adorable! My kids helped with these--I love being able to work with them in the kitchen, and when it's around holiday, it's always exciting. We had a great time! They're perfect for school classrooms, Easter parties and egg hunts, and even as favors at your Easter table. They've always been a huge hit whenever I've served them, and who can resist a chocolate covered Oreo? Not me!!!
ITEMS YOU NEED:
Double Stuf Oreos
Yellow Candy Melts
Orange Candy Melts
Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Melt the yellow candy melts according to package directions.
2. Dip Oreos into the chocolate, using whatever means necessary. :) I ended up just holding one end with my fingers, dipping it in to cover most of it, then using a spoon to coat the rest. Lay them out on a piece of aluminum foil.
3. Use the mini chocolate chips for eyes, and break the pretzels into small pieces for the legs. I placed the pretzels into the middle of the cookie when they were still wet. I did have a couple fall out, so I just dipped them into the chocolate and stuck them back on.
4. You can do a couple of things for the orange beak. Either use orange melts, or I actually used some white buttercream frosting that I had, and used food coloring to get the color I wanted. Whatever you decide to use, place it in a small sandwich bag, and push into one of the corners. Snip a *tiny* piece of off the corner, and pipe on the beak.
5. Let dry completely, then EAT!!