Personalized Easter pails

Darling personalized Easter pails are easy to make and perfect for collecting eggs!

Personalized Easter Pails | simplykierste.com

I was in Target the other night, looking for Easter baskets for my little boys, and I wasn't having much luck. I had already been to several places over the last few weeks, and I just couldn't find what I was looking for--without paying a lot for it.Then I happened to go down the gardening aisle, and found the most darling tin pails in different colors. They were a great size, at a really great price--only $2.99. Woot! I couldn't resist, and decided to buy one for each of my kids--still spending less than I would have to buy 2 new baskets! (and let's face it, I have a thing for matching! :) ) If you can't find the colored pails, you can always buy the metal pails, and use colored vinyl--or tie cute colored ribbon onto the handle.

I added white vinyl that I cut on my Silhouette--initials on one side, and names on the other side. (Font = Century  Gothic)  I'm so happy with how they turned out, and they will be perfect for egg hunts and visits from the Easter bunny!

I also love that they're so easy to stack and store after Easter is over.

Personalized Easter Pails | simplykierste.com

Personalized Easter Pails | simplykierste.com

UPDATE:  We're on the fourth year of using these pails, and we LOVE LOVE LOVE them!  Super cute, easy to tell which pail belongs to which child, easy stacking for storage, and did I mention they're cute? :)

Simply Kierste
Kierste is a blogger who shares her love of all things DIY. She is the mother of six, and most of her posts revolve around making her home a beautiful, organized, and fun place to be. When she's not chasing around two sets of twins, a teenager, and a baby, she's working on a project, training for her next race, reading one of her favorite books, or baking something with chocolate in it.
Simply Kierste

@simplykierste

Blogger at Simply {Kierste}: Where you can find simple ideas and tutorials for DIY projects, holiday crafts, home & family, organization, recipes, and more!
Simply Kierste
Simply Kierste

Latest posts by Simply Kierste (see all)

comments

1. Anonymous says:

What a lovely post.

I love your blog..so happy to have found it..and you :) I'm adding you to my blogs I follow immediately :)

Wishing you a lovely day :)Doreen

2. Anonymous says:

these are just darling-tfs!

3. Anonymous says:

I just looked for easter baskets and couldn't find anything I liked- I think I'm going to try this :) Can you tell me how big the letters are? I'll have to order the vinyl to put on the pails b/c I don't haved a Silhouette, but wasn't sure of the size. Thanks!

4. Anonymous says:

So cute!! I'm running to Target today to get a bucket for my son. Unfortunately I don't have a silhouette, but I'll come up with some way to get his name on the bucket. Thanks for the great idea!

5. Anonymous says:

Love your blog! I've read for a while but just now commenting. Those buckets are absolutely darling! I will have to pick some up for my daughters. Great idea for the "grass" too.

6. Anonymous says:

Great idea! My son would sure Love a bucket more than a basket. Thanks for sharing!

7. Anonymous says:

Love, love love it!! Thanks for sharing!

8. Anonymous says:

I am SOOO doing this!

9. Anonymous says:

Love those colors :D

10. Anonymous says:

I really like the idea for the grass. The green cellophane (?) from the store is cheap but it's just ugly… This is so much cuter– AND I can color-coordinate with our baskets!

11. Anonymous says:

Love what you did with your pails! And I'm all for the homemade grass. I can't imagine all that plastic grass is good for the environment which is why I re-use mine every year! I like the idea of making my own though too!

Jeanine

12. Anonymous says:

This is adorable. I am heading to target this weekend hoping they have those buckets too! What a great idea. Love them!

13. Anonymous says:

GREAT idea!!! What font did you use?

14. Anonymous says:

i used pails last year with initials. i can't believe it but i love it so much more than easter baskets and your right the storage is much better and you can use them for other cute things!

15. Anonymous says:

Those are adorable! You really can't go wrong with Target! :-)

16. Anonymous says:

The font is century gothic!

Erin–You don't have to use vinyl. You could use alphabet stickers found at a scrapbook store or hobby store like Michaels. Although ordering vinyl shouldn't be too expensive. The initials are 2.5 inches high, and the names are 1.725 inches high.

17. Anonymous says:

I am a new follower of your blog! I am loving your ideas! I've linked a few on my blog for today! Check it out if you get a chance!

jellybeanscraftythings.blogspot.com

18. Anonymous says:

I linked this project to my Friday finds. Come check it out if you get a chance.

19. Anonymous says:

Do you have any hints/tips for applying the vinyl to the curved surfaces? I did the conference buckets and struggled keeping the words straight as I applied the vinyl… but my words were larger so maybe that was the problem.

20. Anonymous says:

Very cute. I love the idea of making your own grass–I always hated finding that other grass all over the house after Easter.

21. Anonymous says:

Love the paper grass idea. I HATE! Plastic grass. It is so staticy and gets everywhere and then I always end up untangling it from my vacuum beater bar.

22. Anonymous says:

Jamie–

You might consider cutting the letters apart and applying them separately. It's easier to keep them in a straight line that way, because when you apply it as one word, it will automatically follow the curve of the bucket.

23. Anonymous says:

I loved your idea and immediately bought the tins. Then realized I had no idea how to do the names. Would you be at all interested in cutting out three names and I can paypal you the money?

24. Anonymous says:

Love these little personalized pails! I had to feature them in my latest post – they are just adorable! Too cute!

25. Anonymous says:

I loved this idea! I have been to 3 different targets and can't find the pails though. What target did you go to? I wish I could come across some for my 2 little kids. Thanks a million. You are wonderful! I love your blog!

26. Anonymous says:

Very creative! I haven't tried cutting vinyl with my cricut machine yet, but this would be a great project to try it on! Also love the shredded paper.

27. Anonymous says:

I am wondering what you used to paint the pails and how the paint is holding up? I have some that I want to paint but I want to make sure the paint holds up! Thanks!

28. Anonymous says:

The pails from target were already colored. I found two pink ones at my target but that was it and they haven't gotten any more in. I did find some at Joann, but they were also well picked over – but definitely check your local store if you can't find them at target. I found them in an odd place. I think it was by wooden crates and craft items…. between the yarn aisles and the brown paper mache boxes/letters. They definitely seemed in an odd place to me.