- 4x4 tiles (you can buy these at any hardware store--I bought mine at Home Depot)
- spray paint in desired colors
- chalkboard spray paint
- painters tape
- felt circle pads
1. The first step is to spray paint the tiles with your color of choice.
- scrapbook paper
- Mod podge & foam brush
- finishing & sealing spray--moisture resistant
1. You are going to follow the same first step as the chalkboard coasters, and spray paint your tiles with desired color. Let dry completely.
2. Cut your scrapbook paper into 3.25x3.25 squares. I distressed the edges of my paper using Distress Ink--vintage photo. Using the foam brush, apply a layer of Mod Podge to the top of the tile, then lay your paper down in the center of the tile. Add another layer of Mod Podge on top of the paper. Let dry completely.
3. When it's completely dry, spray the top of the tile with a finishing protective spray--I use a water resistant one by Krylon. This will protect the scrapbook paper from any water spills or moisture.
The last step for both types of coasters is to add felt circle pads to the bottom of your tiles to prevent scratching of surfaces.
That's it, you're done! SO, SO fun!