I LOVE peppermint and chocolate together, and these cookies are the perfect combination of the two. They are the epitome of Christmas, and I guarantee, you will want to eat the whole batch! They are super easy to make--I use my favorite basic chocolate cookie dough, then mix in Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips. DELICIOUS!!!! (I found the baking chips at Walmart, but I've also seen them at other grocery stores and Target.)
These are perfect for any holiday party or gathering, or just for your little family at home. They will be gobbled up, no matter where they are!
- 1¾ c. flour
- 1¼ c. cocoa powder
- 1 c. white sugar
- ¾ c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 package Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add the salt and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda, then gradually add to the creamed mixture. Fold in peppermint baking chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes until fluffy, but still soft. Allow cookies to cool on a baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.