It's so hot right now, that I really try not to turn the oven on very often. My kids were begging for cookies this week, and so I made one of our favorite no-bake cookies...Butterscotch Haystack Cookies! They are SO yummy--a rich and creamy blend of butterscotch and peanut butter is added to the delightful crunch of Chinese noodles and chewy marshmallows. They are always a hit with kids...and every age. ☺ SO easy to make, they can be thrown together in just a few minutes!
They're kind of addicting. Just sayin'.
It's also a very forgiving recipe, and can be altered depending on your taste. You can add 1 c. of peanuts or cashews if you want the extra crunch. If you don't care for marshmallows, you can omit them and add extra noodles. I love the nuts, but I leave them out because of my little ones. No matter how you make them, they're a winner!
- 10 oz. Chinese noodles
- 4 c. marshmallows
- 1 package butterscotch chips
- ¾ c. creamy peanut butter
- Prepare two cookie sheets by lining them with wax paper.
- Add Chinese noodles and marshmallows into a large bowl.
- Melt the peanut butter and butterscotch together in the microwave, starting for 1 minute on 60-70% power. Stir, then add more time if necessary in 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Pour over the noodles & marshmallow mixture, and toss until everything is coated. Drop by rounded spoonful onto the wax paper, and let rest until set.
- To speed up the process, you can refrigerate for about 20 minutes. Makes about 30 cookies.