Warm, crumbly muffins right out of the oven? Is there anything better? My mom has been making these for years, and now I make them for my kids, and they have been and continue to be a family favorite!
These are super moist (thanks to the sour cream that’s in them), and the bits of cinnamon & sugar add a delightful crunch throughout the whole muffin. They are perfect for breakfast or brunch, or anytime! I also like to make them for an after school snack, and they never last very long. My mouth is actually watering as I write about them. :)
I love that they take just a few minutes to whip up, and in about 30 minutes, you can have them ready to serve! This recipe also works well when you substitute rice flour (and add some xantham gum) for the regular flour–my daughter needs to eat gluten-free, and I do this most of the time.
- 2 c.flour
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ c. butter, melted
- 1-8 oz. carton sour cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- *1/2 c. sugar
- *2 tsp. cinnamon
- Grease and flour muffin tins.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Pour the 1 c. sugar into a large bowl, then add the melted butter.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream, and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Combine the ½ c. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon and set aside.
- Place a small amount of batter in tin, add desired amount of the cinnamon & sugar mixture (we like a lot ☺, probably a 1 tsp. or so), then add another small amount of the batter on top. Sprinkle lightly with the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until done.