Raspberry Pretzel Bars are one of my favorite things on earth. How can you beat a buttery, pretzel-y crust, smothered in a scrumptious cream cheese center, and topped with raspberries and raspberry Jell-O? You really can't. Plus, it's red and white, which makes it very appropriate for 4th of July and patriotic festivities!
I'm really sentimental about this recipe. One of my closest friends gave me this recipe, and it's one that she often brought over (that I begged her to make) to our BBQs and picnics. I miss her like crazy, and I love thinking of her every time I make this.
These are REALLY easy to make, but it's a process. Each layer needs to be refrigerated before adding the next layer, so you want to think about making this at least a day in advance. You could start it the night before, and do the crust and even the cream cheese layer, then Jello the next day...whatever works with your schedule! The total time is around 5-6 hours of refrigeration (at least that's what it usually us for me). It's SO worth it. Each layer is super quick to put together, so it really is just the wait time involved.
This is a perfect summertime dessert!
If haven't had a whole lot of Jell-O, this is the place to start. ☺
- !Layer 1:
- 2 1/2 c. crushed pretzels
- 3/4 c. butter
- 3 T. sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- 3/4 c. sugar
- !Layer 3:
- 1 large package Raspberry Jell-O
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1/4 c. cold water
- 3-4 cups frozen or fresh raspberries
- Layer 1: Combine crushed pretzels, butter and sugar in a 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Layer 2: Cream together cream cheese, Cool Whip, and sugar. Pour on top of pretzel crust, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Layer 3: Combine the Jell-O and boiling water, then add the cold water and stir until the Jell-O has dissolved. Add the fresh or frozen berries, the pour on top of the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until Jell-O has set. (It took about 2 hours for mine to set.)
- Cut into bars and serve!!