It’s the 10th of the month…another fun blog hop today, with a SNOW theme!
When I was growing up, every Christmas we would receive an eagerly anticipated package from my grandmother. It was packed full with all of her famous Christmas cookies and treats, and we couldn’t wait to get them. Snowball Cookies were always included, and they’ve long been one of my favorites. This classic shortbread cookie is rich, buttery, melts in your mouth, and is the perfect addition to your holiday baking!
The ingredients are few, but that’s all this cookie needs! I love how simple they are to make, and it doesn’t take long at all to whip up a batch. Do you have a tradition for the first day it snows? How fun would it be to make these? My kids love helping with these cookies, and I think the powdered sugar is a big part of it. :)
The powdered sugar dusting makes them a pretty cookie, and they’re perfectly perfect on any Christmas plate. Set them out for guests, bring them to a party, wrap them up for friends or teachers, or enjoy them in your own home…they’ll be a hit no matter where you serve them!
These cookies are my childhood…I LOVE them, and I think you will too!
- 2 c. unsifted flour
- 1 c. butter, softened
- ¼ c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ⅔ c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Beat butter and sugar together. Add flour and water alternately. When mixed, add vanilla and nuts. Shape into balls, place on a cookie sheet and bake about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Sift some powdered sugar in a pie plate or on a cutting board. Place baked cookies in sugar directly out of the oven, rolling to coat completely.
Make sure you check out all the darling “snowy” projects and recipes below…and get ready to pin!
1. Snowflake Wall Hanging | The Crafted Sparrow
2. Printable Snowflake Holiday Tag with “Snowflake” Apples | Thirty Handmade Days
3. Silk Screen Mug & Snowflake Poem – Perfect Neighbor Gift | Or so she says
4. Glittered Clothespin Snowflakes | Eighteen 25
5. DIY Let It Snow Sign and Snowflake Craft | Landeelu
6. Snowball Cookies | Your Homebased Mom
7. Let it Snow Sign | Lolly Jane
8. Snowball Cookies | Simply Kierste
9. Snowflake Almond Fudge | Capturing Joy
10. Snow Fresh Snow Clean Printable | Two Twenty One