Silky. Creamy. Rich. Velvety. Melt-in-your-mouth. DIVINE!!! Frozen Chocolate Mousse Bites have long been one of my favorite things, and they're always a hit whenever I take them. They're tiny little bundles of double chocolate-y goodness--a delightful chocolate mousse on the top with a chocolate cookie crust on the bottom. A perfect summertime confection!
They're so easy to make, which I'm always a fan of. Pop then in the freezer, and keep them there until you're ready to serve! I I love cutting them in small squares, and sticking paper straws in the top. It makes them easy to serve, and extra cute. :)
You might spy a little bit of green in the crust, and that's because I used mint Oreos this time instead of regular ones. I adore mint and chocolate together, and it's fun to mix it up a little bit. You can use either one--they're both amazing!
You can serve these anytime--my kids love them, so we make them for our Sunday treat or for family night. They're great for take to both informal and fancier occasions, and if you ever wanted to show up at friend's door with these, they would pretty much love you forever!
- 18 Oreo cookies, crushed
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- 2-8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 c. Cool Whip, thawed
- Mix crushed cookies and butter in a foil-lined 9 inch square pan. Press firmly onto bottom of pan to form a crust.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until creamy. Gradually add condensed milk, mixing well after each addition. Blend in chocolate (which has been melted according to package directions), then gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon mixture over crust, then sprinkle with extra Oreo cookie crumbles.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, then freeze at least 6 hours or overnight. Remove from freezer about 15-20 minutes before serving to soften slightly. Cut into squares to serve. Keep leftover dessert in the freezer. ENJOY!!!