My absolute favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner is definitely the pie. I love so many different kinds, and always want to have a taste of every single one, so I thought it would be fun to make mini versions…little bites that let you sample and try more than one. Or two. Or possibly
three four. These No-Bake Mini Pumpkin Cream Pies are impossibly easy and adorable!
The other thing I love about mini pies is that the crust to filling ratio is higher than a normal pie–I love the crust the best, so this makes me happy! They’re just so easy and quick to make, and look like I spent all day. I’m all about that! And don’t you love how adorably cute they look on a plate? They present beautifully, so they really are perfect for your Thanksgiving table.
To make these even easier, I use mini phyllo dough shells that have already been baked. I love the way they pair with the pumpkin cream filling–or really any filling. All I have to do is stick them in the oven for 3-5 minutes for a little extra crispiness, then fill. That’s it!
You can also either make your own pie dough, or use pre-made dough, cut them into circles, press them into mini muffin tins, and let bake until golden brown.
After cooling completely, you can fill them and refrigerate until time to serve. I like to use a plastic sandwich bag (or pastry bag if you have one, but sandwich bags are super easy and you can throw them away!), fill it about 2/3 of the way, push all the filling down to one corner, then snip the very corner of the bag. Then I can pipe the filling into the shells, which not only makes it super easy, but also makes them look really nice.
No matter which way you do it, they’re delicious! Use this same technique with all of your other favorite pies too!
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- ½ c. canned pumpkin
- ⅓ c. sugar
- 4 oz. Cool Whip
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pie dough or mini phyllo dough shells
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice, and sugar together with a mixer until it's well blended. Gently fold in the Cool Whip until everything is combined. Spoon into cooled shells and refrigerate until firm. (Or, fill a plastic sandwich bag with filling about ⅔ of the way, push into one corner, then snip the corner of the bag. Pipe the filling into the shells--it's super easy, and you can throw the bag away!) Serve with a dollop of whipped cream (I like to beat heavy cream and add a little powdered sugar, or use spray whipped cream) and a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- To make the shells: If you're using the mini phyllo dough shells, they are pre-baked, and all you need to do is follow the directions on the box to give them a little extra crispness if you want to. I like to put mine in just for a few minutes. If you are using pie dough, either your own recipe or pre made, cut the dough into small circles (that will fit your mini muffin tin), then press the circles into each tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake according to recipe directions until golden brown--remember to allow for much less cooking time than a large pie--start with a few minutes and add as necessary. Let cool completely before adding filling.
- ***The filling recipe makes enough to fill 18 mini phyllo dough shells.