Today was a snowy winter day, and it was the perfect day to whip up a batch of my favorite Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are decadently rich, chock full of chocolate chips, and basically melt in your mouth.
Now, when you look at the recipe, don’t freak out about the butter.
I need you to promise.
I know it looks like a lot, but when you taste these cookies, you won’t care.
These are perfect anytime, but especially right when they come out of the oven. Gooey, warm, and chocolatey…yum! Pour yourself a tall glass of cold milk, and you will pretty much be in heaven.
Wrap them up and give them as gifts—you will have people love you forever.
- 3 c. flour
- 1 c. + 2 T. unsweetened cocoa
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1¾ c. + 2 T. softened butter
- 3 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ c. chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add the eggs one at time, then add the vanilla.In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda together. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake--cookies will be soft! Cool slightly on the baking sheet for removing to to racks to cool completely.