Author: Simply Kierste
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- Pillsbury Grand Biscuits, Flaky layers
- Heart cookie cutter
- Cinnamon & sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Pop open the can, and lay out your biscuits on a piece of wax paper. One-by-one, use the cookie cutter to remove the center of the biscuit. Place both pieces back on the wax paper, and repeat until all of them are cut out.
- Add oil to your skillet--I usually do about an inch or so. You don't need a lot! Let it heat up to about 350 degrees. Oil can be tricky--if it's too hot, the outside will burn or get brown quickly, while the inside will be dough-y. If it's not hot enough, the dough will soak up too much oil and be super greasy. Once it's at 350 degrees, I would do a test run--just to make sure your oil is set--and before you put all your dough in!
- Add your dough hearts to the oil, and let one side turn golden brown before using tongs to turn them over to the other side.
- As soon as each heart is golden brown on each side, remove from the skillet and immediately place in either powdered sugar or cinnamon & sugar.
Recipe by Simply Kierste at http://simplykierste.com/2013/02/easy-heart-donuts.html