It’s so hot right now, that I really try not to turn the oven on very often. My kids were begging for cookies this week, and so I made one of our favorite no-bake cookies…Butterscotch Haystack Cookies! They are SO yummy–a rich and creamy blend of butterscotch and peanut butter is added to the delightful crunch of Chinese noodles and chewy marshmallows. They are always a hit with kids…and every age. ☺ SO easy to make, they can be thrown together in just a few minutes!
They’re kind of addicting. Just sayin’.
It’s also a very forgiving recipe, and can be altered depending on your taste. You can add 1 c. of peanuts or cashews if you want the extra crunch. If you don’t care for marshmallows, you can omit them and add extra noodles. I love the nuts, but I leave them out because of my little ones. No matter how you make them, they’re a winner!
- 10 oz. Chinese noodles
- 4 c. marshmallows
- 1 package butterscotch chips
- ¾ c. creamy peanut butter
- Prepare two cookie sheets by lining them with wax paper.
- Add Chinese noodles and marshmallows into a large bowl.
- Melt the peanut butter and butterscotch together in the microwave, starting for 1 minute on 60-70% power. Stir, then add more time if necessary in 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Pour over the noodles & marshmallow mixture, and toss until everything is coated. Drop by rounded spoonful onto the wax paper, and let rest until set.
- To speed up the process, you can refrigerate for about 20 minutes. Makes about 30 cookies.