Warm, crumbly muffins right out of the oven? Is there anything better? My mom has been making these Cinnamon Sugar Muffins for years, and now I make them for my kids, and they have been and continue to be a family favorite!
CINNAMON SUGAR MUFFINS RECIPE
These are super moist, thanks to the secret ingredient…sour cream! The bits of cinnamon sugar add a delightful crunch throughout the whole muffin. They are perfect for breakfast or brunch, or anytime at all. I also like to make them for an after school snack, and they never last very long.
I love that they take just a few minutes to whip up, and in about 30 minutes, you can have them ready to serve! This recipe also works well when you substitute gluten-free baking flour for the regular flour–my daughter needs to eat gluten-free, and I do this most of the time.
BASIC QUICK & EASY MUFFIN RECIPE
This also works as a wonderful basic quick & easy muffin recipe—sub out the cinnamon sugar for blueberries, chocolate chips, or your other favorite mix-in. Chocolate chip muffins are another of my kids’ favorites!
Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- 2 c.flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1-8 oz. carton sour cream
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- *1/2 c. sugar
- *2 tsp. cinnamon
- Grease and flour muffin tins.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Pour the 1 c. sugar into a large bowl, then add the melted butter.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream, and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Combine the 1/2 c. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon and set aside.
- Place a small amount of batter in tin, add desired amount of the cinnamon & sugar mixture (we like a lot ☺, probably a 1 tsp. or so), then add another small amount of the batter on top. Sprinkle lightly with the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until done.
You really can’t go wrong with these yummy muffins. They’ve been a hit with everyone I’ve served them to. If you have overnight guests, dazzle them with these muffins right out of the oven! I’ve also taken them to my kids’ sports games–they’re great for an energy booster and snack in between games or on the road.
No matter how you serve them, they’re simply delicious!