Fall is my favorite season for many reasons, and yummy soups are at the top of that list. I love making and serving soup to my family and friends, and there is nothing better than soup on a crisp, fall day! One of our tried and true, standby recipes is Taco Soup, and it’s a staple throughout the fall and winter.
Miracle of miracles, all of my kids like it, AND I can either make it on the stove top or in the crockpot, depending on how much time I have. Having a quick and easy recipe on busy nights is like gold, and when it’s as yummy as Taco Soup, it’s a winning combination!
It’s super flavorful, thanks to a packets of ranch dressing mix and taco mix…I love the combination! Serve with tortilla chips or strips, plus all the yummy toppings, like sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, and avocado. It’s also a great soup to use in individual bags of Fritos for Walking Tacos—my kids’ favorite.
If you want to make it in the crockpot, you’ll just brown your meat first, then add it to the crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients. When I make it on the stovetop, I brown my meat in the same big pot, so I don’t dirty more dishes than I have to!
COZY TACO SOUP
Cozy Taco Soup: Crockpot or Stovetop!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 ½ c. frozen corn
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- Brown the beef and onion in large stewpot (or saucepan if you’re planning to be it all in a crock pot). Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve. If you use a crockpot, add the browned beef and onion, then the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, and crushed tortilla chips or tortilla strips---or in individual bags of Fritos!
Other fall recipes you might like…