We don’t have a lot of keys–just one set for each of us–so I thought “his” and “hers” would be perfect.
His & Hers Key Holder
ITEMS YOU NEED:
- frame OR piece of wood
- beadboard, cut to fit frame, or slightly smaller than wood piece
- sheet metal, cut to fit desired space
- 4 metal carpet tacks
- subflooring adhesive or Gorilla Glue
- old-fashioned nails
This is what I did:
1. Frame came first–made it to wall specifications.
2. Cut beadboard to fit inside frame.
3. Cut sheet metal to my desired proportions, leaving room at the bottom for the nails.
4. Using Gorilla Glue, glued the sheet metal in place, then let dry.
5. Tacked the corners down with metal carpet tacks. (You have to glue first–the tacks won’t keep the metal in place.)
5. Added nails to the bottom of the beadboard.
6. Applied vinyl.
7. Tied fabric on the nails for an extra touch.
And now you have a darling and functional key holder!
Have a great weekend!