These darling Mummy Oreo Lollipops are so easy and fun, and perfect for little helpers!
How adorable, right? If you’re looking for an easy Halloween treat, you’ve found it! These just take a few minutes to put together, and are perfect for party favors, class parties, gifts, and…Family Night treats. :)
You need just a few supplies to put these together…
-Oreos (Mega Stuf!)
-white melting chocolate
-mini chocolate chips
1. Slide the lollipop sticks into the middle of the Oreos. I highly suggest the “Mega Stuf” ones, because the center is thicker, and it’s easier to slide the sticks into, and the cookies are less likely to break.
2. Melt the chocolate according to package directions. I didn’t have any official melting chocolate on hand when we made these, so I used white chocolate chips. Just know that they can be thicker when melted than other melting chocolate, so you have to work quickly. I would also suggest melting just a few at a time, melting more as you need it.
3. Dip the Oreos into the white chocolate. The melted white chocolate chips were pretty thick, so I used a spoon to help me coat the front and sides of the Oreo. I don’t usually do the back, because it’s easier to lay back down, plus I like the contrast from front to back. However, if you want to do the whole thing, you certainly can!
4. Fill a piping bag with melted white chocolate, and add a small round tip (you can also use a sandwich bag filled with white chocolate and the very tip cut off, or a squeeze bottle with a fine tip), then go back and forth across the Oreo to create the mummy’s “bandages”. There really is no right way to do this, and as you can see, my kids really enjoyed this part!
5. Add mini chocolate chips for eyes!
Refrigerate until set, then you can package them as desired. You could wrap in a clear bag, tie a cute ribbon, and use as a Halloween party favor. Wouldn’t kids love these at school? You could even make them in the classroom, as one of the activities. I think any grade could handle it–my five year old boys loved it too.
As you can see, they don’t have to be perfect to be adorable. And that’s just how I like it! Happy Haunting! xo