After five years of blogging, I have a lot of posts from years past that I want to pull out of the archives and brush the dust off! Through the summer I’m going “vintage”, and sharing some of my favorites from the past! This was originally posted three years ago, and I love it still!
Tonight we went to a surprise party for one of our closest friend’s 40th birthday, and it was just SO fun. He was totally surprised, and his wife did a fabulous job planning and executing it. We laughed and laughed, ate a ton of yummy food, and did A LOT of teasing. You can’t have a milestone birthday without some ribbing, and in that spirit, I created this fun gift jar…Older than Dirt!
This particular jar was to go on his desk at work, so I did use actual dirt. It would also be SO fun to fill it with crushed Oreos! How about serving an ice cream bar at the party? You could use “dirt” as one of the toppings! Or…serve dirt cupcakes or cake! You could also fill several of these jars, or even large pails, and use them as centerpieces for a party.
They are super easy to put together!
- mason jar
- dirt (or crushed Oreos)
- tag–scrapbook paper, card stock, distress ink
- vinyl (I used the Wish I Was Taller font)
- printable tag (you can download below)
1. Just fill your jar with dirt or crushed Oreos, then tighten the lid.
2. Print tag (you can download them below). Cut it out, distress the edges with Distress Ink, and mat it on to cardstock. If desired, mat it on scrapbook paper, punch a hole in the corner, and tie it on with ribbon.
Click on the image to enlarge it, then save to your computer. Insert it into Word as a picture, then you can re-size it as necessary.